Saturday, September 13, 2008

Son gets same dorm room as dad -- And I care why??

This has nothing to do with anything, but I heard this story on the radio newscast this morning:

Following in your father's footsteps by attending the same university is one thing. But moving into the same dorm room as your dad?

Mike Robell has found himself in B310 in Emmons Hall at Michigan State University _ the very same room occupied by his father in 1978.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Sep09/0,4670,ODDFatherSonDorm,00.html

Whenever I hear pointless news stories like these, I wonder: Who the Hell told the media?

You drop your son off for his first day at college and find he got the same dorm room as you had 30 years ago; I can't imagine my first thought would be: "Quick son, hand me your cell phone. I have just got to call the newspaper!"

The hubris to think that anyone would care about your dorm room duplicity. Obviously, someone cares, as this foolishness is a national news story.

Are we that self-centered a society that our every quirky story has to be blasted to the world?

Apparently so, or I wouldn't be maintaining this blog!

Just a thought for what it is worthless...

No comments: