Thursday, May 21, 2009

Obama: US's Successful Prevention of Terror "Off Course"

President Obama announced today that he believes that the Bush Administration went "off course" in their efforts to protect us from terrorism.
In all of the areas that I have discussed today, the policies that I have proposed represent a new direction from the last eight years. ...

While he didn't call Bush by name, his inference was clear as he uttered his daily "problem I inherited" mantra. Sorry Obama, but President Bush also "inherited" the problem of terrorism; but, I don't recall his carping about it once.

By my rudimentary math, terrorist attacks on the U.S. soil, its territories, and interests before 9/12/01: dozens. Terrorist attacks on the U.S. soil, its territories, and interests after 9/12/01: zero.

Yeah, that is a direction I want to veer away from; we certainly don't want to maintain a record like that.

Do you still feel safer?

No comments: